Hayden went out on the boat a few times, and for the most part he really enjoyed it. Sometimes he wanted to get in the water right as we were about to try and get somebody up on the wakeboard, so he would get a little grouchy if we told him that he'd have to wait. As long as he had a "dirt dun" (squirt gun) he did pretty good. A couple times some of the ladies on the boat filled up his squirt gun with bottled water because the boat was moving when he wanted more water. My dad thought that it was completely ridiculous that we were on a huge lake and were using bottled water for a squirt gun! This was just one of the many examples of Hayden getting a tad spoiled on the trip! :)
My sweet water baby!
Everyone who tried wakeboarding got up on their first or second try! This is me giving it a whirl! It was really fun. I had water skied before so I thought it was pretty similar to that. I, by no means, was an expert, but I got better each time. One of the last few times I did it, I got out and back in to the wake. That was my goal! Now...everybody else...they were attempting crazy jumps. I took a lot of video of the wakeboarding spills, which are hilarious, but I'm not sure if they will load on here. I've had trouble with videos in the past. Cullen had some great wipe-outs, but Kaleb had the best of all. We've always called Kaleb "Kramer" because he reminds us so much of him. When he attempted his jumps we laughed so hard because he did this crazy sideways jump straight into the wake. It was hilarious!
My brothers and I with our Cousin Kelsey
Hayden jumping off the dock (like I said, no fear)
My "extreme sport" husband, he loves anything on a board (snowboarding, skateboarding, and now wakeboarding). He also loves kayaking, mountain biking, mountain climbing...yes, pretty much anything dangerous!
Kelsey slaloming (one ski) & Angie celebrating! I love this picture!
The sun was pretty intense for the entire trip, and some people (my Dad, Cullen, and Kaleb) not to mention any names, got a little red! Cullen forgot to apply sunscreen on his knees. Matt helped my dad out by putting sunscreen on his back. Let's just say, we will never let Matt put sunscreen on anybody ever again! I didn't take a picture of my dad's back because it was just too painful to look at! Probably the worst sunscreen job ever! And Kaleb, who has been in an office all summer, didn't think he needed any on the first day we went out (ALL DAY) on the boat! Hmmmm... ouch!
Another highlight of the trip was the waverunner. Just today, Hayden asked me if he could go on the waverunner. Sorry honey, I wish we could! This is Brandon giving Cullen a quick explanation on how to operate it on his first trip out. I went out with Brandon and Kelsey and feared for my life! We hit huge waves and went incredibly fast. I finally took over driving the thing in the middle of the lake, with no idea what I was doing, because I thought at least if I was driving I knew what was coming, and could go a little slower! It was mentioned a couple times during the trip that my family never imagined me participating in some of these "extreme" activities. I've always been known as a little bit of a wimp when it comes to trying things like this, but I guess maybe on the water, I don't feel as scared as other places. Things that I know I will never do: jump off of that cliff that I mentioned earlier, bungee jump, sky dive (I'm sensing a height/free falling issue here). I guess I'm going to have to "toughen up" a little since I know my boys will be doing these things and others I'm sure!
We had a GREAT time, and can't wait to go back soon! :) Thanks Brad & Tonya, we love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment