Us

Us

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hayden's Adventures


Hayden Jace is now 2 1/2 yrs. old and acting every bit of it!  :)  I love him more than I ever thought I could love anything, but those of you who know about the "terrible twos," this is, most definitely, a real thing!  I've been told that if your child is challenging as a two year old, they will be easy to raise as a teenager, and vice-a-versa.  Let's hope!  

Hayden is absolutely hilarious, but he is also very clever, which is the main thing that gets him into trouble.  And did I mention, persistent?!  (Extremely)!  This has to be his father's personality showing through, I'm sure!  :)  

I thought I would humor you all on the life and times of Hayden Jace, my sweet, lovable, crazy, 2 yr old~!
Stealing Mommy's camera and snapping a self-portrait

1. Everything will "way, way," do something...for example: "Mommy, that butterfly will way, way, kill you!"  (I didn't know about killer butterflies)!

2. "On gaurd!" Sword play is a constant in our house.  Doesn't even need to be a sword.  My fake flowers, kitchen utensils, paper towel tubes, magazines rolled up..all act as swords.  These also all double as "fly watters."  He's beyond obsessed with killing flies right now.  I think Grandpa Wolf first introduced him to this activity... :)
 
3. "Me do it myself!"  Everything must be done by himself.  I know this is a very common 2 yr. old practice! 
Pushing the stroller "by myself"

4. "Dis is an idea emercy!" ("This is an idea emergency", for those of you who don't speak "Hayden").  This phrase comes from Imagination Movers, a kid's TV show, but he uses it in the correct context!  Its hilarious when he says it.

5. The other night he prayed for a "ham & cheese sarwich." (sandwich)  If you ask Hayden what he wants to eat it will always be a "ham & cheese sarwich."  He also is a major fan of cottage cheese, goldfish crackers, and apple juice.  Who isn't?!  :)
Giving Mommy Hugs

6. There are not enough squirt guns on the planet to satisfy this boy!  He loves them!  LOVES them~!

7. Everybody/everything is a "guy."  Including imaginary things.  Often in his car seat he says to his own hands, "No guy!  Don't get me!"  He also has said in many stores about many different people, "Dis guy scares me!"  Its usually a tall man with a beard for some reason.

8. Nap time...oh nap time...  This is when the persistent Hayden shines through!  (And when Mommy has to be even more persistent to make it happen!)  About a month ago, before he was jumping out of his crib (and now sleeps in his toddler bed), I could hear Hayden whining/talking in the monitor, and not going to sleep.  I was just about to go and get him, when I heard this conversation (spoken to his stuffed panda): "Panda, ME GETTIN OUT OF HERE!"  And then I heard the thud of him jumping out of his crib.  It was too funny I couldn't even be mad.  It was like he was telling his poor little stuffed bear, "That's it, I've had it, you can fend for yourself!"


9. Since he was about 10 months old, on a daily basis, several times a day, he goes through our DVD cases and empties them out, switches them all around, etc.  We will never be able to locate the correct movie again because of this.  I've tried different ways of hiding them, putting them away, but it doesn't work.  I've pretty much just given up on this battle!  The kid has always been fascinated with movies. I think he will be an actor or a director some day!

10. Nothing is out of reach anymore!!!!  YIKES, this is scary.  He has learned ways to get to things.  He turns over my pots, pans, bowls anything he can to step up onto and reach things that are on the counter tops.  He is also an escape artist, out our front door, so I started locking our dead bolt.  Which, in the last week, I've now discovered that he can simply stand on his tip-toes and turn the lock!  Things that we don't want him to play with anymore end up on top of our refrigerator, its like a "Hayden's favorite off limit items graveyard" up there!


11.  He is a master manipulator.  Examples: "I want my light on, I want my light off... I want my panda, then throws it on the floor (& repeat)...Do you want some water Hayden?  responds... "Apple juice?"  They always say to give kids choices, however 9 times out of 10 Hayden chooses option C, which wasn't given to him!

12. Fits/Tantrums/Time-outs = Daily (Did I mention he's 2)?

13. He is a fantastic big brother!!  He has become Sawyer's protector.  He tells me when Sawyer is awake, hungry, smiling.  He tells the dog not to get too close to baby "Sur."  He gives him kisses every day, and Sawyer lights up like crazy when he looks at him.  



14.  He has a wonderful, sweet, energetic spirit that I adore, he just keeps Mommy & Daddy on our toes!  

2 comments:

  1. Shannon I LOVE this post! It made me laugh and Hayden is just too cute. :)

    Way to have a sense of humor about these things. You'll love looking back at this post in ten years and reminiscing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's ALL boy and you will be in HIS heart forever!

    ReplyDelete