Us

Us

Friday, July 9, 2010

Feeding the Ducks







When I was younger, my parents used to take me to the "guck pond" to feed the ducks. I don't know if I truly remember doing this or if I just think I do because of the pictures I've seen of us. I realized that we hadn't taken Hayden to feed ducks before and that he would be at a perfect age to do it. I told him if he took a good nap... (I have to have some sort of reward :) then we would go and feed the ducks when he woke up. He was so excited. It was a PERFECT night! We went over to Greenway Park in Altoona, the neighborhood where our first house was. When we started walking on the bike trail, he started running so that he could "go feed the ducks!" If you've ever seen Hayden run...its so funny! He pumps one arm and he doesn't move a whole lot faster than his walking speed. There's kind of a skip/hop involved as well. I think it really just puts him in more danger of falling than anything else!

When we got up to the pond there was a family there that had probably just given the geese a whole buffets worth of food, so they weren't super interested in eating, but a few of them did come up and grab a snack. Anyone who knows me well, knows that I have a fear of birds. I do a little better with ducks and geese because they waddle, its when they flap their wings and fly that I get a chill down my spine... That being said, I was pretty good around the geese, but a couple of them acted like they didn't like Hayden all that much and might charge! We had to tell him over and over not to get too close.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have Hayden "run" for me tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a picture of you and Dad feeding the ducks when you were about the same age of Hayden that looks alot like the one of Cullen and Hayden. It is the simple things in life that you remember.

    ReplyDelete