Us

Us

Monday, June 4, 2012

Where Did May Go?

I told Cullen the other night that in a few weeks we won't know what to do with ourselves because so many of the things that have kept us CRAZY busy the last two months are coming to an end!  Maybe we will actually get to have a conversation with each other!  


Sawyer David turned 2 on May 12th!  I CAN'T believe my baby is 2!  He is now just over average for weight at 60%ile, and in the 78%ile for height.  So it looks like possibly another TALL Wolf boy around here!  Daddy is making plans for basketball scholarships...we shall see!  ;)  His language is EXPLODING!  He repeats absolutely everything that is said around him, and is speaking in 4 to 5 to 6 word sentences most of the time!  He can sing the whole ABC's song now which is adorable, and he also adds his rendition of "Rumor Has It" every time it comes on the radio in the car.  He is still, 100% a Mommy's boy and is attached at my hip a lot of the time.  Sometimes it feels as if I'm dragging him if I try to walk across the room because he has wrapped his arms around my legs!  I love that he loves me so much and needs me, but sometimes it makes getting things done a tad tricky!  Thankfully, he still naps very well (please don't jinx anything here!) and sleeps in most days! Now, if his older brother would just learn how to do that...  Tantrums have started in full force.  We are trying to ignore most of the time, but sometimes I've told Cullen we just have to pick our battles and try to stop the screaming as quickly as possible so we don't all end up with migraines!  He is "Mr. Independent, I turned 2 and I'm going to do it MYSELF"!!  He is also as sweet as can be.  He still snuggles, cuddles, and tells me "I a baby Mommy!"  Yes, you are sweet boy!  And you can stay that way as long as you want!  He is attached to his blankie and pacifier still...I told myself that we were done at 2 with the binky, but I just can't do it.  It would be like taking away his best friend.  He just uses it at nap-time and bedtime so I don't see the harm in it.  Our social worker told us that she had asked her dentist when it really was a big deal, and he said not until 6 or 7..okay we have some time, haha!!  We are not forcing the issue of potty training in any way, but he is very interested.  He goes frequently on the potty for us and gets an M&M each time.  His doctor told Cullen that he would be a kid that would have to let us know when he was ready, because of his stubbornness!  For now, I'm fine with him just experimenting with it and gaining some confidence.  Likes at this stage: trains, basketball, his big brother and whatever he is doing at the moment, Lucky Charms, babies, and Twinkle, Twinkle and The Ants Go Marching.  Dislikes: anything that is not his idea!  ;)


 Proving to me he still is a Baby!  ;)
 2 Year Old Pics
 I still very much see a "baby face"but I know that will soon disappear!  :(
 Chicka-Chicka Boom Boom Birthday Party



Other updates:



Hayden has had a great T-Ball Season with 2 games a week all of May and into part of June.  He has learned so much in such a short time and has gone from throwing his glove in the air most of the game, to actually watching for the ball and running to field it!  He plays with 5, 6, and even a few 7 year olds, so for being a young 4 he is doing really well!  We love going to watch him.  He loves his treat ticket!  


The "other house" as we have begun calling it is ALMOST FINISHED!!  By this Saturday it should be listed for sale.  This seems like it has taken forever, although it's only been about 2 months.  Cullen says he has learned one thing, "Don't flip a house, and have a full-time job on top of that!"  It will be nice to have him home more often when it's done, and I'm sure he will feel much better now that his endless to-do list will feel much shorter!


We have completed our portion of our home study!  We had our 2 meetings the last few weeks and ALL adoption classes have been completed and passed!  I keep getting asked what does the process look like after this?  Here's what we know: We should have our home study report back in a week or two.  Then we can formally apply to our agency.  Once we have applied, we will most likely have about a 9-12 month wait for a referral (a mother in her 6 month of pregnancy).  It could be more, it could be less...God will decide.  I'm just glad that we will soon be just waiting, rather than checking things off of a different to-do list in order to get through the home study.  We have a peace about what is to come.  We know that God's timing is perfect, so if he has a baby for us sooner rather than later, than our arms will be open.  If it is on the longer wait side, we are fine with that as well.  Getting our boys a little older and more able to understand this process would have some benefits as well as getting closer and closer to the end of another school year for me next year.  We are just praying for a healthy, beautiful, baby girl who will be the perfect fit to our family!  We have a long list of girl names compiled and we both agree on several (which is totally opposite for how we picked our boy's names--they were literally the only 2 we could agree on!), so we shall see what her name will be!  That is the fun part!  


Cute story:  Hayden asked me the other night, "When will my baby sister come out of your tummy?"  Reality check, I thought he understood what we had been talking about when we had explained it before.  So I tried to explain it, and then asked him, "Does that make sense?"  He looked back at me and just said, "No."  So using basically the same words in just a different order, I explained it again.  Still puzzled... So we borrowed a few books, read them, and his light-bulb moment occurred a few days later.  I knew he got it when he told Sawyer, "Another Mommy will have our baby sister in her tummy, but she won't be able to take care of her, so we are going to have her in our family."  Doesn't get any better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment