Us

Us

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Quick Updates!

I just got back from the eye doctor and have a few minutes before I go and get the boys from daycare to update everyone.  The past few weeks have been a little stressful for me.  My genetically passed down "worrier" gene has been in full force, possibly just from the busyness surrounding us right now and from a few medical things that came up.  The first of these was noticing a tilt in Hayden's ankles.  We always thought that his legs and feet/ankles looked a little different but had the pediatrician check them out and he thought they were just fine.  He also has been a little bit of a toe-walker too.  We finally got concerned enough with the appearance of his ankles that we had him seen by a pediatric-orthopedic doctor.  I was a little worried that we would find out this was something other than what we had found online, but it turned out that it is just a natural human variation and that he has flat feet!  Some of this may improve over time, but most likely he will be flat-footed all his life.  The doctor we saw wasn't concerned at all.  


The second worry on my mind was that I noticed a weird eye thing going on about three weeks ago.  At the same time, I also ended up with an inner ear imbalance that caused me to be very dizzy on and off.  I saw a few doctors (two opthamologists) and they couldn't find anything wrong with the inside of my eyes, but thought the distortion I was seeing could possibly be an issue of refraction.  If that didn't show anything, a neuro exam would be another possibility, although they really didn't feel that it would show anything or be necessary, but boy did it get my worrying going!  Saw an optometrist today who found an answer for me!  I have had an undiagnosed astigmatism in both eyes and my glasses prescription was pretty off.  I usually just wear glasses at work, but the doctor I saw today said I probably need to be wearing them all the time, to lessen any eye fatigue I might experience and to correct the distortion from having an astigmatism.  My current glasses do not have any astigmatism correction.  So it looks like this girl is going to be seen in glasses a little more often!  I will get my new glasses in a week.  It will take me awhile to adjust to my new blondness and "glassesness"...not a word, I'm sure!


Cullen and Mike are in full-force working on the second house we co-own with him and his wife.  Right now they are getting the basement treated for mold.  They've already torn out all the carpets, and the cabinets, and took out a wall to make the kitchen bigger.  They also fixed the roof on the porch.  They are hoping to get it on the market around June and hopefully sell it soon after that, fingers crossed and many prayers in that direction!!


Last update: we are so excited to have completed gathering all our paperwork for our home-study!  We will now schedule our first home visit (out of two) and finish up the online courses that we have to take.  Hopefully by early summer some time, we can be through our home study and started with the waiting process for a referral!  I have started to buy some little girl things (as I showed in my last post), but I am really holding myself back on that one!  We are getting a pretty cool old armoire this weekend for a great deal off of craigslist that we are going to re-finish (eventually) into our future daughter's dresser!  Found something on Pinterest that will be the basic idea, we'll just have to choose colors once we decide on her nursery decor!  


Oh, and I can't believe it but this little guy is ALMOST 2!  His birthday is coming up on May 12th!  Chicka-chicka boom boom party prepping has begun.  He's obsessed with the book!


Us on Easter- LOVE how this turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment