Us

Us

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Inside Fun on a HOT Day!

I have a four year old who wants to do "projects" every day.  I really don't like getting out paint, but that would be his first choice every time.  So, when it's 100 degrees outside and he feels like doing a project again, I'm so happy that I can find these great ideas on Pinterest, using what we already have laying around in our house!  Today's project I TOTALLY recommend!  I LOVED it.  The kids LOVED it.  Virtually no mess!!  And, I'm definitely doing this at school to practice writing numbers, letters, and words!  

Finger Painting in a Baggie

I let the kids pick their colors and I squirted them into the baggie.  Then they spent about five minutes mixing their colors together (baggies closed!).  After they got them all mixed we taped them onto the sliding door so they could play with them whenever they wanted to.  The original person that posted this said that they last a few days before they start to dry up.  One warning: someone had a sharp finger-nail (don't know how that's possible, I swear I cut them almost every day!) and scratched a little hole in one.  I just put tape over it and it was fine.  Just watch the kids to make sure they are using the soft part of their finger and not their nails to play!







 I admit, I had to play too!
My picture of how I would use this at school!  I probably would just tape it to my white-board.  Perfect for Hayden practicing letters and numbers right now too!

No comments:

Post a Comment