Anyway, back to the headbands... I made 4 during nap time yesterday, and 4 more after the kids went to bed last night. I had so much fun getting creative and just seeing what would come from each one because I didn't really have a plan for any of them when I started. Although, I will say (and this could be a little Type-A of me), I did pull out a few of my favorite outfits I scored the other day and used some of them for inspiration so they would match! ;) Cullen's words exactly, "You are making headbands for the baby girl we don't have yet??" Yup. I have the time NOW, I won't later! ;) And they are super fun to make. And, if I need any more reasons, I think I'm going to sell some at our Garage Sale next month to try and raise some extra money for our adoption. Okay, I'm done explaining myself! He just laughs/shakes his head at me.
What it looks like when I'm crafting...Spent half my time searching for what I needed!
Took apart a beautiful flower I found, because I thought the hard green parts that held it all together would be too hard against a baby's head, so I glued every layer of the flower back together.
Newborn headband finished! This one screams newborn pictures to me!
The felt flowers are sold like this at Michael's, just added a feather to this one. I got to thinking a lot of these would be really cute as hair clips, so I will be making some of those too!
Headband finished: They stretch quite a bit past the size you make them, which will be really nice.
The most time-consuming part was making these "rosettes" but they might be my favorite! Twisted fabric hot-glued around a felt circle. Just used extra fabric I had laying around.
LOVE this one!
This one was inspired by one of my favorite outfits I got the other day! I love how it's simple and brightly colored! Felt flowers also sold at Michael's, just added the buttons in the center.
Another one I think would be really cute as a hair clip. The crochet flower was on clearance at Michael's, and I would have bought more, but it was the only one left! Just added ribbon behind it.
This one is 6 to 12 months. But it stretched and fit me!
Ribbon, felt flowers, more ribbon, and feather!
6 to 12 months.
Took the leaves off the felt flower, a little ribbon and a sparkly center!
A little funky, but I think it would be cute for pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment