Us

Us

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Chore Charts

We decided this summer was a great time to start teaching some responsibility and chores to our kiddos, but we needed a way to organize their chores, make it kid-friendly, parent-friendly, and would start to incorporate some type of allowance because we want to teach our kids the concept of spending and saving early on.  So of course, I started researching on Pinterest for some cute and user-friendly chore charts.  This is what I came up with.  The kids are so excited to use them!  For the last two days they have been asking to do their chores and have been much more helpful when it is time to brush their teeth, pick up toys, make their bed, etc.  Hopefully we can keep the excitement going!  
 I bought these cookie tins at Wal-mart for just 92 cents a piece!!
 These are the other supplies I bought.  The magnetic notepads were only 88 cents a piece, the magnetic containers were around 3 dollars for two, the magnets were a dollar each, the ribbon was about 3 dollars and the pens were $1.80 each.  So the whole project cost about 15 dollars!  
 I LOVE paint pens.  They make writing with paint so much easier/prettier for me at least.
 The note pads on the bottom are their "pay stubs".  I will write how much they earned each day and at the end of the week (Friday) it will be pay day!  I think we will take Saturday and Sunday off from the chart, but obviously they will still have to do things like brush their teeth!  ;)

 As a chore gets done the kids can move their magnets over to the "done" side!
 The boys working on their "Reading" chore.
 Making progress toward completing today's chores!
The metal box on the bottom of each chart is to store their allowance.  I plan on paying them a dollar a day (20 cents per chore) if they complete all of their chores.  One of their chores is to "Share" (meaning basically getting along and being nice to their brother) so if they don't complete that chore they don't get paid for it.  We will have them save some of their allowance, give some at church, and spend some as well on the items they commonly ask for when we are out shopping.  Now we will just say, did you bring your allowance with you?  Hopefully this will help them to understand that money is earned!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment