Crawling through the tunnel- A new favorite activity!
It has been such a long time since I've updated my blog! We have been very busy around here. I feel like the month of January disappeared in the blink of an eye! At least winter is moving along quickly. I CAN'T wait for Spring! We need to get these boys outside! :) At least that is how Mommy feels... :)
Sawyer will be 9 months old in a little less than a week. He is crawling all over the place on his hands and knees now. He went from army crawling to the real thing in just a week early in January. Now he has decided that he needs to explore every corner of our house! But it's a lot of fun. He just found the stairs a few days ago, so yes...we will be back to the "gate" stage in our house again. He has also been doing some sort of downward dog yoga move that I wish I could do by standing on his tip toes and hands! We've also entered the "cruising" stage again, which makes me so nervous of bumps and bruises. His favorite thing to do in our living room is crawl through the area between our couch and ottoman, it's like a jungle gym to him I guess! He is still not sleeping wonderfully for as old of a baby that he is. We have random nights of no waking up mixed in with nights where he wakes up several times. Cullen and I take turns, and then hit the caffeine hard the next day~! He is getting some more teeth, but I just can't tell where yet. This morning he had blood on his cheek from his mouth when he woke up. He might be getting several teeth at a time, there are puffy red spots on his gums all over the place. Oh the fun of teething! He has also started imitating sounds! He says "dada" all the time. No "mama" yet, no matter how much I try! But he also tries to "roar" when we play with dinosaurs and he also makes a very good "quacking" sound in the bathtub with his rubber ducky! So now, I'm going to be after a duck sound... great! :) He's also figured out that things he does are funny. We'll laugh and then he just starts cracking up at himself. I've been doing the baby signing thing again, mainly centered around feeding time. He has picked up on the sign for "more," and does his best at doing it for us (mainly just claps for it). It's fun to see him trying to communicate! We're testing him off of his reflux medicine again, and so far it seems to be going well. I'm hoping for the best this time around.
Hayden turns 3 in just a few weeks! Now that is unbelievable! He and Cullen share the same birthday, February 18th. Hayden is seeming so much older to me now. The things he says and does are just hilarious some times!
This month is going to be crazy! I have to finish my report cards, which are now a HUGE undertaking compared to what they used to be. I have parent teacher conferences, and we have their birthday party the same week. Matt's entered his final month of wrestling, and we're hoping for the best with districts coming up next weekend. I'm also getting ready for a solo in the church choir that is sort of challenging, so I've been singing it at least 3 times a day to get ready for it! I'm trying to just take everything one step at a time right now.
We did pictures of Sawyer and had our church picture taken last month. Here are a few of the best!




No comments:
Post a Comment