Us

Us

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Waiting Family!

After starting this process back in February, we are finally a "waiting family."  For those of you wondering what exactly that means, I thought I should explain.  No, we don't have a baby yet.  We are officially signed with our agency and have completed our family profile work so that it can now be shown to birth mothers as their cases present themselves.  We will only be shown to mothers that are expecting baby girls and also those that would meet certain criteria we agreed upon.  We have no way of knowing if we will be selected quickly or if it will take several months.  The good news is that we finally can be selected.  

Up to this point, we have been completing necessary steps on what seemed like an endless list of papers to fill out, background checks to be made, and many revisions along the way.  My last post was on July 31 which is when our home study was approved.  Then we started the process of applying to our agency, interviewing with them, and then finally working on our family profile.  Our family profile is 4 pages long and it is filled with pictures of us, a letter to the birth mother and details about our family.  The birth mothers ultimately make the decision after viewing a few profiles, who they want to talk to further.  If a birth mother decides she wants to learn more about us, then most likely, we will have a phone conversation with her and after that if she selects us, then we will agree to a "match."  At that point the mother will most likely be in her third trimester and we may only have a few months until the baby is born.  I am feeling an incredible amount of peace about this process.  I know that God knows our baby, and knows when and how we will get to her.  

It is very exciting that we are finally at this point, and hopefully within 9 months to a year (and possibly quite sooner than that!) we will have our new bundle of joy!  My prayers continue to be for 1. a healthy baby girl, 2. for financial resources to come through and 3. for a smooth process once a match has been agreed upon.  There is always that concern in the back of my head that tells me I have to be prepared for a birth mother to change her mind.  I pray if we do encounter that, even though it will feel very upsetting, that it occurs early on in the process, and most definitely not after we have seen her little face.  I'm trying to guard my heart, but also knowing that God will take care of it all!  The boys are very excited.  We continue to prepare them the best we can, with the little information that we have.  AND now that the armoire is finished her room is really coming along!  I'm having so much fun hanging little clothes that have been given to us on little pink hangers!!!  Once we actually know her due date, I might have to go on a little (okay BIG) shopping trip!  The next few things we need to do in her room is pick out the bedding and curtains.  I'm thinking about sewing the curtains, so a trip to the fabric store might be in my near future!  

THANKS so much for all your kindness, support and prayers as we continue along this journey!  We have the BEST family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment