Refinishing the China Hutch
We were so blessed to receive Cullen's parent's beautiful china hutch. They are in the process of redoing their kitchen and the hutch wasn't going to go with their new cabinets and they weren't going to need it anymore. I've wanted one forever and we were so happy when they gave it to us and said that we could redo it however we wanted! It was already very beautiful but didn't really go with the rest of our furniture so we started looking online for some ideas on how we could refinish it. We found a glazing technique and decided to go for it!
Before Picture:
Sanding:
Spray painting (several coats) of ivory paint:
Glazing technique (black):
Finished product (without shelves/decorations inside because we still have to anchor it to the wall):
Bought new handles/pulls at Lowe's and spray painted the hinges black.
I LOVE IT!!! It actually turned out EXACTLY how I pictured it in my mind! :)
Now to just add the decorations! We might also do something to the mirror in the back but not sure yet.
Now I have the urge to refinish our bedroom furniture the same way...we'll see! ;)
So beautiful!
ReplyDelete