Us

Us

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Updates

It's been SO long since I've posted anything on here!  We have been very busy, as always.  At the beginning of October we traveled to Chicago because my mom ran her first marathon!  We had a great weekend getaway.  It was really my first time seeing the city.  Kaleb lives in Chicago, so he was our tour guide for the trip.  At one point all of us (6 adults) piled into a tiny cab, which was quite the experience to say the least!  




The boys dressed up and went on their first "real" trick-or-treating experience around the neighborhood.  We've always gone to the church to trick-or-treat, which we did again this year, but we also trick-or-treated outside since the weather cooperated this year!  Cullen and I got in on the fun and dressed up too.  I made my Flo (from Progressive) costume and he decided to go as Mayhem from the All State commercials.  It was a lot of fun!  Sawyer thought he was pretty big stuff getting to walk from door to door and grabbing tons of candy!

We had family pictures taken in October as well.  They turned out great!  We spent the day in Ames with Taylor and Lacey and Lilah and each family took turns posing/taking pictures.  I've decided from now on, it's just much more affordable for us to take our pictures on our own, and its really fun!
At the beginning of November, Cullen and his friend Mike purchased a small house on the East side of Des Moines, very close to the State Fairgrounds.  This is their first attempt of "flipping a house!"  The house had been updated in 2006, so it doesn't need a lot of work.  It does need to be cleaned up, new carpets and probably new cabinets in the kitchen.  Their hope is to get it back on the market within a few months time to sell and if that doesn't work then we will own a rental property!  This took a big leap of faith on my part, but I'm trusting my husband, and God on this one!


My garage sale find for $7!  The teacher in me sees Spelling Lists and Lunch Menus posted here down the road!  ;)

 I did some redecorating today, thanks to some great deals at Hobby Lobby!  I love how it all turned out!  
Kitchen Wall
Living Room Wall
Kitchen- Sign was only $3!

No comments:

Post a Comment