Us

Us

Friday, July 29, 2011

July: Hot & Hotter

It's been a long time since I've had a chance to post anything!  July has been filled with HOT & even HOTTER days.  I'm not sure I remember a summer this consistently hot in a long time.  The boys and I have hit the pool a lot, and played outside in the mornings, but we've been "soaking up" the air conditioning in the afternoons.  The other day I attempted to go without the air on for the morning and served the boys and their cousins chocolate chip cookies.  I realized it was time for the air when their chocolate chip cookies started melting all over the place, and someone dropped a few on the floor which resulted in "melty" footprints all over the place!  Cleaned up the mess, shut the windows and the air came back on!


I'm having a GREAT summer with my boys.  Can't say enough about how thankful I am to be a teacher and get to be a stay at home summer mom!  However, I think this timing has come at a bad stage for Sawyer because he is literally attached at my hip!  It might be a little rough on him (AND MOMMY) in a few weeks.  


A few updates and developments:
-Sawyer is now a walker/runner.  Took him awhile to decide that walking was better than crawling, but he finally has it down.  Now the fun begins!  ;)


-Hayden is very interested in "school" things and we work on letters/letter sounds/writing his name/shapes/coloring (fine motor)/cutting with scissors/and counting.  He is not going to preschool this year as a 3 yr. old, but will go next year as a 4 yr. old.  He can write quite a few letters already!  His drawings are actually starting to look like what he says they are now, so that is a lot of fun!  


-We are still very sleep deprived!  Sawyer still wakes up most nights one or two times.  Usually he just cries a little, we give him a binky, cover him back up and he goes right back to sleep.  We are working on letting him cry himself back to sleep right now.  With Hayden we did this MUCH earlier, but he just fussed.  Sawyer SCREAMS...and we have to worry about him waking up Hayden--so we got ourselves into this mess, I guess!  ;)  He's getting better though, and most times he's totally content by the time we get to him, so I think he's getting there.  But then there's an ear infection...or teeth, and we kind of get stuck again!  Hayden has been having nightmares several days a week and tries to crawl into bed with us, which would be fine if he didn't take up HALF the bed and squish Cullen and I together in this tiny little spot on the bed.  So we started making him sleep on the floor in our room, and then he wakes up and tries to get back into bed with us again.  I'm hoping this is just a short lived stage!  We are thinking about moving him into a regular bed (rather than a toddler bed) so that he has more room to move around, and might not hit the side rails and wake himself up so many times in the night.  I will say, that we are VERY lucky that our kids go to bed so easily for us.  8:00 they are in bed, and asleep in minutes.  If we could just get them to sleep better through the night, and maybe a little later too... ;)  I'll keep you posted on SLEEPLESS IN PLEASANT HILL as it all unfolds.


-Sawyer is teething like crazy.  New teeth are showing up all the time!  He has gotten three molars in the last week or so, and I can tell more are coming in right now.  I constantly find myself wondering what has just fallen on my foot, and then realize that it's drool droplets coming from him while I'm holding him!


-We've had lots going on this summer.  We've already taken one vacation and have one more planned.  We've hosted a garage sale (selling a lot of baby stuff, which was HARD on me emotionally, but just don't have the room for it).  Had a couple weddings to attend and two family reunions.  It's been great seeing family and friends!


Playing in the fountains
 SLIP & SLIDE TIME!
 ANNIVERSARY
 **4th of July!**

 Family Reunion

 My brother's & I at McKenzie's Wedding (Knipp Cousin)
 Wolf Pool
 Altoona Pool

Here's hoping you are inside in the air conditioning, sipping a cool drink right now!  ;)  But, let's all remember this in January...

No comments:

Post a Comment