May was a very busy month (which always seems to be the case). My 27th birthday was on the 4th, and Sawyer turned 1 on the 12th! My BABY brother graduated from high school and will be attending Iowa in the fall. He's hoping to follow in my dad's footsteps and become a Social Studies Teacher. And, we continued our outdoor projects at home and got the patio poured.
Hayden continues to keep us laughing listening to his stories and songs that he makes up on the spot. He's really into drawing pictures right now, as well as cutting with "kid scissors." He got to use scissors at Sunday School one time and ever since then he asked me every time we went into a store if they sold "kid scissors" there. He even got to the point of going past me and just asking any random person that he thought worked at Staples or Target if they sold "kid scissors." Usually this person was very busy helping a different costumer, and Hayden just starts talking to them in the loudest voice possible! Cullen finally caved, and we now have "kid scissors" in our house, which he can only use under close supervision. When he does use them he manages to cut the piece of paper into a thousand tiny shreds and scraps, which ultimately end up catching a breeze and scattering all over the floor. Then I have to search for 20 minutes to find every last one so as to keep Sawyer from finding them and eating them! I feel like Hayden goes from one mess to the next right now. He plays with something for about 3 minutes, and then wants to go on to the next fun thing...leaving a path of destruction behind him. When I tell him he needs to pick it up, he responds, "You can do it." No, Hayden, Mommy will not do it, so get busy!! :) I'm sure all parents can relate to this... He is a lot of fun right now, and I can't wait to spend some quality time with him this summer.
Sawyer at 1 year weighs 21 pounds- which Hayden weighed at about 6 months! My boys are definitely built differently! He has such a little waist, things literally just slip right off of him. He is still pretty tall though, even though Hayden had him in the height category also. He STILL will not say Mama... :( I try, and try, and try. He says Dada, and Dog (we think), and has said Papa. I think sometimes he says something like Ga for Mama, because he often says that when I try and get him to say it. He also is into pointing at things and is starting to say some version of Dis (this). He isn't walking fully yet. He still prefers to crawl. He takes anywhere from a few steps to upwards of 10, but often just falls on purpose to crawl where he wants to go. He's also gotten into this thing where he literally just tries to jump out of our arms when he wants down. It really catches you by surprise so you have to hang on to him really tightly! We've noticed he's also going through a "clingy" phase, and is really preferring Mommy and Daddy right now. Sometimes he goes back and forth between Cullen and I reaching for the person he just left! He's doing really well with his eating of solid foods. I was worried for awhile because he was gagging on everything! But he is chewing (with his 4 teeth) as best as he can, and swallowing much better now. Next step...bye, bye bottle. That happens as soon as I'm home with him (so the end of this week!) We'll so how he likes that!
Really enjoying his food!
The hazards of being a beginning walker: nice cut and goose egg on his forehead :(
Cousin Movie Night!
Hmmmm.... I'll leave you with this so that you can all look at your well behaved pets adoringly!
No comments:
Post a Comment