Wow! Its been half a year since little guy joined our family! Its crazy to think in just six more months he'll be one!
At six months, Sawyer is an absolute DROOL factory! It just runs out his mouth constantly. He soaks through bibs, shirts, and his socks when he puts them in his mouth! :) The cause for all this drool? He is teething. Doctor confirmed it today at his appointment. I thought they were coming in on the bottom, and tonight during his supper, we could see a little blood on his bottom gum where his bottom two teeth are working on coming in. He has been pretty crabby, not eating well, not sleeping well and has had a very stuffy nose and cough recently. Doctor thinks its just a cold that has been complicated with teething. Hopefully he gets to feeling better soon! (And maybe we can all get some sleep too...please?!)
He is so much fun though! He LAUGHS all the time, especially at Hayden (or when we tickle him). He's really into Peek-A-Boo right now and cracks up about it. He also wants to move! He gets on his stomach and wiggles around and squirms like he's going somewhere. All of this wiggling does amount to some scooting backwards. His other favorite activity is standing. He will stiffen up his back when we try to put him in a sitting position because he wants to stand instead. We're working on the sitting thing. He can hold it by himself for a few moments and then you've got to be ready to catch him, because he just gives up and topples over!
Its crazy how fast they grow, but we're loving every minute of it! Its just as much fun the second time around, and sometimes even more so because we get to see the love between our two kids for each other and it melts our heart every day!
6 Month Stats:
16.9 pounds (34%ile)
27 1/4 inches long (79%ile)
As a grandparent I second what you said Shannon. I think it is just as fun the second time around!!! I love watching your boys grow and watch how they interact with each other. I know that was something I enjoyed when you were kids. How much you doted over Kaleb and Matt as their big sister. I am amazed at how wonderful parents you and Cullen are. I love watching how the boys interact with their uncles also. We are so thankful for both of our Grandkids!
ReplyDelete