Us

Us

Thursday, September 16, 2010

4 Months Old!



Sawyer just visited the doctor today for his 4 month old check-up.  He was 14 pounds 10 oz. (which is only in the 46%ile).  He dropped in percentile for weight from last time (60 or 70%ile), but it could be due to the fact that he has been sick.  He is 26 inches long, (86%ile).  His body is long and skinny, but all his weight goes to his chubby cheeks!  :)  


He has just started recovering from his first ear infection.  He had a cold for about 4 or 5 days, and wasn't sleeping or eating very well.  I had a gut feeling it was his ears, and I was right.  He is a little young to have an ear infection, so hopefully he won't be a chronic ear kid, like I know some babies/kids are.  Hayden didn't even have an ear infection until he was 10 months old.  Sawyer is giving us a run for our money...  Guess #2 wants to make his presence known!  


The doctor thought he looked good other than his cold.  He was rolling and tearing the paper on the table like crazy, we could hardly look him over because he was so active the whole time!  He was not a fan of the shots...no kid is, and no parent is either!  Always makes me sad to have to do that, but I know its for the best~!  


The doctor wants us to start cereal with him to see if we can get his weight up a little, and that way he would be getting more formula also.  I'm excited to try it with him.  Its always so fun to see how they react to solid foods!  (I'll post about it later after we've tried)!  


We may try and take him off his reflux medication at 5 months and see how he does.  I'm reluctant, but we will give it a try when the time comes.


At 4 months, Sawyer is a busy guy.  He's bringing toys to his mouth to chew on them/check them out.  Rolling over and even bringing his legs up to his tummy to almost "scoot."  He laughs and interacts, and is a lot of fun!  Now, if we can just keep the little guy healthy....  I hope!  



No comments:

Post a Comment